Active and passive investments

Community Article Selected
29 0

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details

Summarize
10K Administrator Level 71
  • 2024-09-04
Active and passive investments

Over time, I've gathered some thoughts on this topic. Let me start by saying that everyone's situation is different, and there's no one-size-fits-all solution. Therefore, don't take my words as a call to action — make your own decisions.

Active investments

This refers to investing resources into something that generates relatively quick profits, which you can control and scale.

Passive investments

This refers to investing resources in something that typically yields small, long-term profits that you cannot control or scale directly.

Financial safety cushion

These are resources that can be converted into physical gold or cash within 24 hours. These resources can increase in value over time with proper management, but they are not passive investments — the difference lies in the risks and the speed of realization.

Advice

The answer to the question depends on how old you are and how much responsibility you have.

— Your financial safety cushion should directly correspond to your level of responsibility. The more responsibility you have, the more safety you need. Conversely, if you have little responsibility, you'll need less safety and more working capital.

— As for the type of investments: if you're 14 / 29 years old — only active investments, if you're 30 / 49 years old — both active and passive, and if you're 50 or older — only passive investments.

Some popular investment options

I must say immediately that everything except knowledge and your social circle can lose value — it's just a matter of when and how likely it will happen. This includes gold as well. I'll possibly explain how this might happen later.

Gold

The most stable passive investment. It offsets inflation and doubles your capital in about 10 years. Only buy physical and certified gold — everything else is just a joke.

Silver

Why? — Buy gold.

Diamonds

They are awesome, but their investment value is close to zero — they can be easily created in labs, and their price is artificial and dropping. Of course, there are historically valuable large natural diamonds, but these are exceptions.

Real estate

If you're 14 / 29 years old, only buy with cash, if you don't have enough cash — don't buy. Buying real estate through a mortgage is a decent passive investment only if you're 30 or older.

Watches

It's on the same level as diamonds — beautiful but impractical as a passive investment.

Business

Everything mentioned above refers to passive investments. And none of them are optimal if you're 14 / 29 years old.

The best active investment and the best thing you can do at this age is to start a business, which automatically brings you much new knowledge and a quality social circle. Business has the highest potential and can multiply your capital hundreds or even thousands of times relatively quickly.

Knowledge and social circle

This is the second-best active investment if starting your own business doesn't resonate with you.

scriptop.co
Copyright 2024 ScripTop
General Finance Industries Adverts Partners
byScripTop Inc.